Friday, June 15, 2018

Arrived as Planned

I really did arrive at the Basilica of St Martin, in Tours, France as planned on 31 March after a fantastic 5 months of walking 5,126 kilometers (=3,185 miles).  I love being a pilgrim!  I met many wonderful people, stayed in majestic old monasteries and churches as well as in places found in small communities and family homes.

As anticipated, it was hugely difficult to find places from which to update my blog.  Countless hours were spent in the attempt, despite the pitifully few opportunities for successes.  I've got some busy travels coming up this summer but will endeavor to find a solution to make the blog function efficiently.

I appreciate the comments and interest from everyone.  The world needs more pilgrims.


6 comments:

jimandy said...

Glad to hear it! I can remove your name from the R.I.P. list 🙂

pilgrimpoustinik said...

Thanks for the final report An adaptation of Jeremiah might be "foolish is he who trust's in man('s technology)." Continued blessings. PG

Victoria Sajoux said...

Ann el recuerdo de un café que compartimos en Cusco y tu relato de ser peregrina aún me conmueve. Bendiciones y que tu camino siga rodeado de bien. Un abrazo desde Argentina. Victoria.

Annette said...

Anne, I just took a peek at your blog, and wonder where you are now in October 2018...there is a lot to read from all your travels,and I will always remember your presence at our French conversation group in Denver and subsequent walk to Quebec, Canada!! I hope you are well, God Bless,
Annette K.


Göran Lundin said...

Hello,
My friend met you in Tarnaby. How do I get in connection with you?
We are working on a book about The art of travelling.
Goran Lundin

Anders Stenman said...

Hello Anne, good to meet you here in Boden parish.God bless your travelling
tomorrow / Anders Stenman