Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Best of..."

Now that I've returned to the States and have gotten the general re-entry done, I've been able to get back to tidying up the collected thoughts and artifacts from my pilgrimage. I miss the pilgrim trail a lot and can't help but be thinking of the next long journey. In the preliminary planning, I've been giving hard thought to the exceptionally outstanding things I liked about my trip across Europe so that I can seek similar things out on the next walk.

Categories spring to mind like a "Best of" list - the best place I stayed, the best food I ate, etc. There are so many outstanding moments to reflect on because even in the worst of times, the pilgrimage was great - even the hurricane, even the nasty gallbladder problem. So I begin a series of "Best of" thoughts...

No comments: