Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas


Christmas in Europe is celebrated on Christmas Eve - Christmas day being reserved for sleeping in and then visiting immediate family. I'm heading to the Abbaye Notre Dame de Jouarre this evening, just east of Paris. I'm not sure what kind of nuns will greet me - Franciscan, Benedictine, maybe, but I'm sure they'll be welcoming.

The weather hasn't been bad, though I'm happy for the protection of my raincover/cape against the perpetual mist. The closer I get to Paris, the more populated the villages are and the more closely spaced. There's a lot of interesting things to see and to paint. If only I could find a scanner to post a few of my paintings...

Merry Christmas all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Ann! Peace be with you and those around you.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas my friend. And may there always be a friendly smile on peoples face you meet.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a Merry Christmas! Aunt Vickie says she can do the 3 Miles/hour pace, but does not know for how many hours/day!

We missed you. Love Mom

CarolineMathieson said...

Well done in getting to France, Belgium is not very large really!

If you have a camera with you then you could at least take a photo of the paintings and post that.

Jefferson GrandsLieux said...

Here there is something I don't understand : 2 days ago you were crossing the Belgian - French border and today you're already in Jouarre ? The pilgrimage is full of mystery ...